Sunday 17 August 2014

Horisont-Time Warriors

HORISONT is a 5-piece hard rock band from Sweden that formed in 2006. As soon as the album starts you'll swear it's from 1976 though. At first I wasn't sure if that was a good things but these guys seem to know what they're doing. Their influences are painfully obvious but they seem to be trying to be a peer with 70's rock bands instead of a blatant copy.
It all starts of with "the writing on the wall" and instantly the album title starts to make sense, they know they sound like the 70's.By the time I get to the song "backstreet" I'm pretty sure I'm listening to the soundtrack of heavy metal. It's like a love child of Thin Lizzy and maybe Nazareth or maybe Foreigner.  All the songs are good though, each one sounds like another classic rock band that you love. Each songs comes complete with a great bass-line and guitar solos. "Dodsdans" is the only song that has a more laid-back feel to it. It's totally relaxed and even though the lyrics are all in Swedish I would guess that they're about weed, it's that kind of song. "All must come to an end Pt. I & II" ends it out with some pretty sweet arena rock.
I liked this album, it was fun to listen to and totally rock n roll. It made me feel like I was watching Dazed and Confused again. If you ever listen to bands like Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, Nazareth or Bon Scott era AC/DC you'll find songs on here that your totally into. Even if you dont usually listen to classic hard rock there's stuff here to like.


Michael F. Carnage

http://www.horisontmusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment