Sunday 17 August 2014

Auroch-From Forgotten Worlds Hellthrasher Records

Published: Absolute Underground #48 October/November 2012

Vancouver's Auroch will be releasing their first full-length in a few months. I've heard a lot of people talking about these guys over the last year or so. I don't think any of them are going to be disapppointed by this release.They've moved from the thrashy style they were doing before to straight-up death metal. Not only that it's death metal done well and with an awesome Lovecraft theme in most of the songs.Catchy riffs, ghoulish vocals and hard-hitting drums, it's what you want from death-metal. From the beginning it's brutal, the only escapes from brutal are a couple of song intros that put together some eerie atmosphere. Two good examples of the atmosphere are "Slaves to a flame undying" and "Bloodbourne Conspiracy".In all honesty I can't find anything I don't like about this album. All these songs are going to get a lot of play from me. It's better than a lot of death metal I've heard in the last while. Check these guys out, I have a feeling they're going to playing a lot of shows in the near future.

Michael F Carnage

http://www.auroch.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment