Sunday 17 August 2014

Bodyfarm-The coming scourge

Published: Absolute Underground Issue#57 April/May 2014 

BODYFARM got together in the Netherlands about five years ago hoping to put together some old school death metal. They released a full length album in 2010 and then another one "The coming scourge" late last year. It just took me a while to get around to listening to it because there's a lot of death metal coming out these days. Not complaining about that but I have a lot of stuff to listen to. They actually call it Dutch style death metal but I don't really know what that means and I don't know any Dutch people so I guess I'llhave to figure it out.
Starts off with a regular sounding death metal song, no gutteral vocals or anything, kind of thrashy sound. The second track has basically the same thing going on with nothing jumping out at me. The title track has a pretty good hook to it, not sure how super original it is but it sounds good. Then the main riff starts to hit and your head starts to move. "Eden's destruction" is peaceful and harminic and a minute long. After that it gets back to basic and aggressive metal. "The siege of the mind" I liked. It's got a good pace and an infectious groove to it. It's a pretty easy song to listen to with a melodic break in the middle. The album ends really well with "Enter the eternal fire". Harmonic vocals and a solid chorus, good riffing throughout the almost seven minutes. It ends the album with an almost epic feeling where you want to start it over again.
This album ends a lot better than it begins. There's a few good songs and nothing on this really sucks. I don't think it's an album I would listen to through and through over and over again. There are a few songs I would put into a mix though. I have a lot of death metal and metal in general to listen to but I'm still going to put that last song onto my phone right away. "Enter the eternal fire" is the one song you got to check out off this.


Michael F. Carnage

http://www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com/

1 comment: