Sunday 7 September 2014

Justin Symbol-Control

JUSTIN SYMBOL is a industrial/EDM artist from NYC or more specifically, he's from Brooklyn. He's been getting a lot of attention in the New York alternative club scene as industrial music gets more popular again. I guess everyone is starting to find Skinny Puppy again. He has a three song single released now before a full length comes out a little later in the fall.
First thing I noticed was that this is not what I think of when I think of industrial, I guess I think that genre is a little harsher and louder. I guess we can just call this electronic. The first track is "Control" and it starts off all synthy. It's kind of catchy and I like it. The lyrics have an angsty feel of anti-authority. Next is "Killing an Arab". It's a short song with a harder sound and a more political theme going on it it, I had to repeat this one a few times. Lat up is "Shooting stars" and I think this is a great ending. It has a really good hook to it and flows from start to end with lyrics that most can agree with and sing along to.
All in all it's pretty good for a quick little single pack. I don't regret listening to this a few times over in a row. I'm no expert on electronic music but ten to fifteen years ago I was stealing drugs and sneaking into underground clubs and music like this could have been the soundtrack to that. And for that I like it

Michael F. Carnage

No comments:

Post a Comment